A 37 lb watermelon I grew in my backyard a few years ago.
Some small projects to flush out ideas and experiment with different technologies.
- YNAB Bitcoin Balance Tracker
- This simple CLI helps sync bitcoin price changes to your YNAB account(s). It also has some functions to help find the necessary IDs for automating the syncing process since YNAB doesn't provide end users with easy access to budget IDs, account IDs, etc.
- Nomad Custodian
- Discussed Elsewhere
- Checks if the current tab URL has related discussions in Reddit or Hacker News.
- Available in the Chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/discussed-elsewhere-reddi/ndooigbgchkjpgdbgajgpkconcoogoea
- Blackout Calendar
- Single user at the moment. Could easibly be expanded to multi user.
- I use this small app to determine blackout dates for anyone I am working with.
- Anyone visting the site recieves a unique key. Only the admin view shows all the blackout dates.
- Trello Card Title Line Break
- This Chrome extension adds lines breaks to Trello card titles using a delimiter set by the user.
- Tab Sleeper
- This Chrome extension closes a tab after a set number of minutes. Similar to the sleep function you would find on a TV or stereo.
- Foreign Language Vocabulary Trainer
- Replaces a subset of common vocabulary on the current page with a selected language.
I co-founded a small company specializing in copper artwork. Visit vbcopper.com to see some examples of our work. We etch and patina copper to create sculptures and beautiful mementos.
I have been photographing shapes, shadows, and plants for over 15 years. See more photos below.
On my quest to become a better runner, these are the things I have found to help me in recovering from runners knee. A lot of this comes from Google searches and /r/running.
- Warm up - Gary Gray's lunge matrix - Youtube video
- "Balloon lifting my head up in the air"
- "Focus on each glut firing for every stride and seeing the quads as just being there to lift the leg, and calves being no more than a set of shock absorbers. Imagine the glutes being like the pistons of an engine going round and round powering everything, and the other muscles being put into motion as a result of that."
- Post Run
- Myrtl routine - pdf
- Ice and elevate knee
- Other references
- Which exercises best treat an existing runners knee injury
- Is there any way to keep your knee problem free in the long run for a distance runner?
- Running Physical Therapist Mike: Runner's Knee and IT Band Syndrome
- Runner's Knee? Improve your kneecap mobility
- World's Greatest Stretch - Do THIS Warm Up Before Exercising!