Hello, my name is John Suarez (JSuar). This is a simple site to house my projects and interests. By the way, that’s a 37 lb watermelon I grew in my backyard.
Some small projects to flush out ideas and experiment with different technologies.
- Blackout Calendar
- Single user at the moment. Could easibly be expanded to multi user.
- I use this small app to determine blackout dates for anyone I am working with.
- Anyone visting the site recieves a unique key. Only the admin view shows all the blackout dates.
- Discussed Elsewhere
- Checks if the current tab URL has related discussions in Reddit or Hacker News.
- Trello Card Title Line Break
- This Chrome extension adds lines breaks to Trello card titles using a delimiter set by the user.
- Tab Sleeper
- This Chrome extension closes a tab after a set number of minutes. Similar to the sleep function you would find on a TV or stereo.
- Foreign Language Vocabulary Trainer
- Replaces a subset of common vocabulary on the current page with a selected language.
I co-founded a small company specializing in copper artwork. Visit vbcopper.com to see some examples of our work. We etch and patina copper to create sculptures and beautiful mementos.
I have been photographing shapes, shadows, and plants for over 15 years. See more photos below.
On my quest to become a better runner, these are the things I have found to help me in recovering from runners knee. A lot of this comes from Google searches and /r/running.
- Warm up - Gary Gray's lunge matrix - Youtube video
- "Balloon lifting my head up in the air"
- "Focus on each glut firing for every stride and seeing the quads as just being there to lift the leg, and calves being no more than a set of shock absorbers. Imagine the glutes being like the pistons of an engine going round and round powering everything, and the other muscles being put into motion as a result of that."
- Post Run
- Myrtl routine - pdf
- Ice and elevate knee
- Other references
- Which exercises best treat an existing runners knee injury
- Is there any way to keep your knee problem free in the long run for a distance runner?
- Running Physical Therapist Mike: Runner's Knee and IT Band Syndrome
- Runner's Knee? Improve your kneecap mobility
- World's Greatest Stretch - Do THIS Warm Up Before Exercising!